Monday, June 11, 2012

celebrate it like 21st came too late

early in the morning, we went to church as usual. this photo was taken during a brief sunday school meeting held after service. thats the lady who brought me into sunday school and gave me any opportunities to let my creativity flow and let me discover my own strengths through the years. the cake that we were holding, please do not think that it was specially bought for us. i happened to open a cupboard to look for some other stuff and found this instead. just nice for the occasion, so we took a photo together. put it in cuter terms like what my kids told me, i am her xx years later twin sister.






birthday treat at terminal 1's paradise inn. aww we mistook it for the seafood outlet instead that happened to be at terminal 2. but its alright, great lunch, with the 3 people i love most. anyway, food quality is always much better when the outlet is at airport. mum said, its a tradition to eat noodles on your birthday. for longitivity i guess. but it totally reminds me of the thousand year old turtle.  

oh pardon my sun biscuit (translate that directly into chinese) face! i seriously look better in real life, i hope. anyway, looking at this photo, i think i resemble my dad somehow. i never agree when people make that comment, but now, i think i cannot disagree any further. that aside, i must say, i am really grateful to my parents. well, there were times i was difficult to deal with and there were times, likewise with them, but at the end of the day, its the love that counts. looking at this photo, i cannot think of a better way i could have celebrated my 21st back then than how i did. 

for other people's 21st, they had their adulthood parties. they had many many presents from their friends, and probably the best present(s) from their parents. but for me, i opted for a simple one. just a quite lunch out with my parents, and i bought them each a gift. well, i am never good with words of appreciation especially when it comes to having to say them to my parents, so that was how far i could get to it. though 2 years ago, but their expression upon receiving them, are still fresh in my mind, here, you cant see it because its being blocked by the cup of tea, but my dad's wearing the watch that i bought for him then. he also wore the belt my darling and i bought for him for his birthday last year. i never know he is so cute! i bought my mum a gold plated orchid necklace. she only wears it out for wedding dinners, so well, please let your imagination help you figure that out. 

sorry for the slightly chopped off heads. but here, you see the potential addition to my family of 3. my dad playfully calls him his 'son'. well technically true, but i am looking forward to making it a reality soon (soon is relative. so please think of it as a longer soon)

the special one that never gave up no matter how hard we quarrel at times. sometimes, i wonder, what did i do to deserve him? he is this hard core guy who never doubt about marrying me one day. he holds on to this belief so tightly since the day held my hand. he really amaze me, and i am looking forward to moving on to a new phase with him soon. (if you were thinking about wedding bells, nope, you are wrong)


 birthday on a Sunday, its always an extra blessing!


No comments: